Who doesn’t love a beautiful conservatory? The sun and light streaming in, an array of house plants, cushions and rugs, and an afternoon drink in the warm glow of the sun! It sounds like a dream doesn’t it?
Well, while everyone’s conservatory could actually be like that, not everybody’s is. So, if you’re thinking of renovating or even rebuilding your conservatory to get more life out of it, here’s some facts you may find useful.
- Back in 2013, research revealed that 18% of homes in the UK had a conservatory, and that’s about 25 million homes! We’re pretty sure that figures has gone up in the years since, and that’s an awful lot of conservatories.
- The same research revealed that conservatories are the most common area in a house of heat loss, and people with conservatories pay more on their heating bills.
- The average life of a conservatory is about 10 years, but they can last 25 years or more with the right care.
- Insulation and ventilation are the two most important aspects of a conservatory and can significantly affect how long a conservatory lasts for.
- Conservatory materials have changed a lot in the last few years and there are now affordable but state of the art materials (like Glass Reinforced Plastic and light weight slate tiles) that can significantly extend the life of your conservatory.
- The average cost of a new conservatory can vary from a starting point of £5,000 to as much as £75,000. As a rough rule of thumb, £10,000 would be about average for a medium sized (9m square) conservatory made of uPVC.
- If you get your conservatory professionally cleaned it can cost anything between £300 and £800!
- A replacement roof or conservatory can lengthen the life of your conservatory, reduce your heating bills and make it much easier to regulate the temperature.
- A new ceiling or roof only takes a couple of days to install and looks stunning…inside and out.
- A well-maintained conservatory, which is made from high quality materials can add value to your home. But a shoddy, run down one can have the opposite effect.
Get more life from your conservatory and improve your home with one of our stunning new ceilings or roof systems. They’re easy to install, high quality, long lasting, low maintenance ….and beautiful! Give us a call and start living the dream!