Why choose our conservatory roofing system?
Because it’s versatile
Our roofing systems can be used with nearly all existing conservatories including those made with glass, fibreglass and polycarbonate roofing. They look fantastic and are high performance.
Because they have an innovative and state of the art design
Our roofing system combines 5 layers of high performing materials with intelligent design. Our roofing system is made up of:
- Glass Reinforced Plastic rafters. GRP rafters are lightweight, environmentally friendly and durable. They’re not prone to wood worm, bridging, or moisture absorption like many traditional rafter materials.
- Our insulation sheets. As an alternative to traditional plasterboard, we use insulation sheets which are 100% waterproof and one third the weight of plasterboard. They provide additional insulation but also allow for a plaster skim finish.
- High performance insulation. Insulation has come along way in the last few years and our insulation sheets provide high value thermal efficiency and are BBA certified.
- Our outer sheet. Our outer sheets have been carefully designed to act as a significantly lighter alternative to plywood or other materials. They’re 100% waterproof and add another layer of thermal protection.
- High quality, stylish tiles. We use Tapco or Metrotile which both have a classic look but are lightweight and durable.
It’s long lasting and high quality
The Leka roof system has been subjected to rigorous testing. As a result our conservatory roofs come with an amazing 40-year warranty.
You may also like...
We may be bias, but we honestly believe that a conservatory can be a great place for celebrating Christmas, whether that’s by setting up a table and inviting family members for Christmas lunch or by gathering round a tree to open your presents.
It’s still only November but excitement about Christmas is building, probably because Covid meant that last year, well, Christmas was a bit of a damp squid for a lot of people.
To complete the Leka suite of products, the Leka Xi can provide a warm, sustainable alternative to a traditional block/brick built conservatory base/wall.
The last few years have been extraordinary for so many reasons, not least because of Brexit, Covid and climate change. Of course, we’ve all been affected by these massive events and in our world of conservatories, we’ve really noticed the effects of climate change recently. And if you’re having trouble with cracked, broken or damaged glass in your conservatory, it may be that you have too.
If you’re thinking of refurbishing your conservatory, one of the questions you may have are whether you can tile the roof and if so, whether it’s advisable to do so? So we thought it might be helpful to run through some of the main points to consider:
We often get asked why we use Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) products and what’s so special about them. So we thought it would be helpful to explain.