✉ Get in touch
Why choose our conservatory roofing system?
Because it’s versatile
Our roofing systems can be used with nearly all existing conservatories including those made with glass, fibreglass and polycarbonate roofing. They look fantastic and are high performance.
Because they have an innovative and state of the art design
Our roofing system combines 5 layers of high performing materials with intelligent design. Our roofing system is made up of:
- Glass Reinforced Plastic rafters. GRP rafters are lightweight, environmentally friendly and durable. They’re not prone to wood worm, bridging, or moisture absorption like many traditional rafter materials.
- Our insulation sheets. As an alternative to traditional plasterboard, we use insulation sheets which are 100% waterproof and one third the weight of plasterboard. They provide additional insulation but also allow for a plaster skim finish.
- High performance insulation. Insulation has come along way in the last few years and our insulation sheets provide high value thermal efficiency and are BBA certified.
- Our outer sheet. Our outer sheets have been carefully designed to act as a significantly lighter alternative to plywood or other materials. They’re 100% waterproof and add another layer of thermal protection.
- High quality, stylish tiles. We use Tapco or Metrotile which both have a classic look but are lightweight and durable.
It’s long lasting and high quality
The Leka roof system has been subjected to rigorous testing. As a result our conservatory roofs come with an amazing 40-year warranty.
You may also like...
September is definitely a time for DIY around the home and preparing for winter so in our last post we shared a list of things that need doing to make your conservatory “winter ready”.
The temperatures have dropped, and we’ve already had a taste of the winter ahead with some parts of the UK being battered by wind and rain earlier this week. All of which serves as a reminder that we now need to start getting our homes autumn and winter ready. And never more so than if you have a conservatory.
With the bank holiday weekend ahead of us, it’s the perfect time to start preparing for what needs to be done and so here’s our quick checklist and reminder:
Our replacement roof systems can be added to almost any conservatory. They are lightweight, long lastly and extremely thermally efficient. So how do we manage to do all that?
Special lightweight rafters
Most traditional conservatories have a glass roof because historically, strict regulations meant conservatories had to have a glass or polycarbonate roof. But in 2010, the regulations were changed to allow other materials to be used. As a result, if you’re not happy with your conservatory at the moment, you now have the option to replace it with a stylish and practical new roof, rather than just demolish it.
Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a bit more space at home? That extra room where you could work, or where the children could get on with their homework. Or perhaps just a quiet and calm room where you can go to escape the hustle and bustle of family life!
Ensuring your home is energy efficient is more important than ever. It will save you money on energy bills, make your home more comfortable to live in and you’ll be doing your bit to help protect and save the environment!