Slate… but not as you know it!
Whether you have a conservatory, modern house or a listed building, TapcoSlate Classic adds splendour, elegance and tradition to your home. It is authentically shaped with textured surfaces and riven edges moulded from authentic slates that make TapcoSlate Classic almost indistinguishable from natural slate – yet it has an even more refined appearance. TapcoSlate Classic will not crack, break or delaminate, and its product formulation and manufacturing processes provide durability, performance, and longevity for many years to come. By providing a lightweight and easily-installed product, installation costs are lower, with less waste!
- Lightweight – as low as 12kg per square metre.
- 40-year warranty.
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC) & Local Authority Building Standards Scotland (LABSS) Registered Details product.
- Fully tested to BBA, ETA and CE standards, including fire rating, wind, driven snow & rain, and water absorption.
- BRE testing for wind-driven rain found TapoSlate Classic to perform much stronger than all equivalent materials tested and at a lower pitch.
- TapcoSlate Classic is not made from recycled plastics but is manufactured from recyclable virgin limestone and polypropylene.
- The ONLY BBA approved synthetic slate with minimum pitch capability of 14° on felt and batten and fully boarded roof applications
Roofing slate has for centuries been desired for its durability and aesthetic appeal, but it does have drawbacks with its weight, pitch restrictions and brittleness. British Board of Agrément (BBA) certified and LABC Registered Details TapcoSlate Classic combines all the positive features of this beautiful, natural product, but adds practicality and enhanced performance to create a gorgeous roof that won’t break or delaminate, survives substantial impact, is very light in weight, easy to install, no sorting, clipping or drilling, has a 40-year warranty, can be used on lower pitches than those achievable with natural slate and overall roof costing is very competitive.